Hi, I'm Jessica.
Designer. Visionary. Craft-o-holic.
Nice to Meet you!
Hi! I'm Jessica, a seasoned professional graphic designer for over 15 years and well versed in cohesively designing for different media touchpoints. I'm currently freelancing and open for custom projects as I dive into my new passion in surface design illustration.
I fell in love with surface pattern design during my first high school job as an artist happily working for an upscale children’s boutique back in my hometown of Jackson, MS. I was truly blessed to be able to explore my creative, fun and spirited talents on merchandise in the shop. I fine tuned my skills by handpainting and personalizing bulletin boards, furniture, lunchboxes, pillowcases, jewelry boxes and even wooden Easter eggs. Being around so many of the wonderful top children’s toy brands everyday helped me appreciate what it takes to spark creativity and imagination for kids. With children’s designs they have to embody super cute, fresh, bright ideas and be in tune with the gift market industry trends of today.
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design 2005, Cum laude
Design and layout
final cut express
Freelance / Contract
Design support, Surface pattern designer, present
Concepting, development and execution of print and interactive design solutions for brand development, collateral layouts, promotional campaigns, website design, digital and print advertising. Clients include nationwide corporate firms and small businesses. Currently earning my belt in the Surface design arena, as my passion for drawing comes to life on products for the gift and children's lifestyle markets.
Red House Global Brand Architects, Alpharetta, Georgia
Senior Designer, 2005—2018
• Designing components from concept to completion for integrated marketing campaigns for mid-size to FORTUNE 500 companies
involved in healthcare, technology, supply-chain companies, & non-profits
• Rebranding & promoting product lines for clients, creating streamlined microsites & web portals,
designing trade show graphics & collateral, developing storyboards for video production & web spots
• Managing vendor relationships, including identification, negotiation & execution
• Leading weekly creative team meetings; Identifying & implementing internal process improvements
• Ensuring brand standards are met & approved for our clients' projects
Sweet Magnolia Design, Atlanta, Georgia
Co-founder, Designer, 2008
• Designing concepts and executing custom orders for handcrafted event invitations and announcements
• Working directly with clients to provide top-quality service
• Consulting with trusted vendors to find the most cost effective way to produce work my clients love.
Old Tyme Commissary Children's Boutique and Toy Store
Artist, 1997— 2003
• Custom painted furniture, clothing, and accessories for upscale children's boutique
• Happily worked with clientele on custom design orders exceeding their expectations
• Trained new employees the process to retain high efficiency standards
2017, Best of Category: Client: Cognizant
SIA Summit International Award
2016, Bronze Award: Client: TriZetto, 2016, Silver Award: Client: Red House
2012, Bronze Award: Client: AT&T 2010, Silver Award; client: Alere
33rd Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards.
2016 Merit for McKesson Strategic Supply Sourcing Integrated Campaign, Client: McKesson
American Graphic Design Award;
2012 Graphic Design USA, Web, Client: AT&T
2011 Graphic Design USA Award for Customer Welcome Kit, client: LexisNexis
2009 Gold Award for Direct Mailer; client: Barco
2011 Gold Award for Integrated Campaign; client: Alere
2007 Platinum Award for “Stick Man” Animation; client: Inovis,
2007 Platinum Award for “Per-Se is Now McKesson” Ads; client: McKesson
2007 “Stick Man” Animation; client: Inovis
WellWed Magazine, Winter 2013, Invitation Ensemble
The New Big Book of Layouts, Collins Design, October 2010, Multiple invitation pieces
Featured finalist, PRINT Magazine Student Cover Competition, April 2005
ATLANTA SPORTS HALL OF FAME
BUCHANAN INGERSOLL & ROONEY PC
COURTNAY & ROWE
ETA CREATIVE EVENT PRODUCERS
KAPPA DELTA RHO
LAUREL & MAY MARKET
MAYO HEALTH CLINIC
MUGS ON MILTON
PRIOR AUTH NOW
RAY'S ON THE RIVER
ST. ANGELO'S PIZZA
SWEETER BY THE DOUGHZEN
THE MUSIC STUDIO
TOP TIER TREES
WITH LOVE, PAPERIE
Atlanta Printmakers Studio
St. Benedict's Catholic Church
UNICEF NextGen Art Auction Donator
ICE Atlanta's Wedding Day Hooray!
Chattanooga's This Ain't Your Mama's Wedding